Welcome to Civic Literacy!
The goal of this class is for you to have a better understanding of government and the part you play in it.
1. Describe several rights guaranteed to citizens under the constitution.
2. Describe the key principles that our constitution is based upon.
3. Explain why the articles of confederations were ineffective.
4. Explain the difference between a democracy and other governments.
5. Understand your role as a United States citizen.
6. Understand the three branches of the United States government and their functions.
7. Identify the roles of the president.
8. Qualifications for major political offices.
9. Describe some of the tasks of members of congress.
10. Define what is meant by the term representative democracy.
11. Roots of American democracy.
Number of hits: 1007